Friday, July 29, 2011

Right from the Heart - Bryant Wright - Book Review

Right from the Heart by Bryant Wright is a daily devotional that I got for review from Thomas Nelson’s Booksneeze partner. I had never heard of the author before reading this book and found it of a pleasure to read. Bryant takes you on a journey of discovery where you spend a few minutes of every day reading and gathering inspiration. Instead of offering a long forward and introduction, the book is set up so that a new Christian will start in January, and learn about prayer, bible reading and other daily habits to better their walk with the Lord.

Reading this book I found myself wanting to keep reading, even though it is only meant to be read one day at a time. The book offers a devotional that focus on daily issues, and takes small questions into account. Instead of focusing on issues and answering them with theologically answers that a new believer would find difficult to understand, Bryant seems to be writing in a way that I find easy to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and believe that it is a book that could be read over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment