Wednesday, September 14, 2011

100 Read and Sing Devotions - Stephen Elkins, Illustrated by Tim O'Conner


Today’s book review is for a book called 100 Read and Sing Devotions, which was created by Stephen Elkins and illustrated by Tim O’Connor. The book is a beautifully illustrated devotional that parents can share with their children. The padded cover gives the book a feeling of quality and the music CD’s that accompany the book add to the appeal. The songs on the CD are sung by kids, and the little voices give the songs a better with the book and devotional. Each devotion is set to start with a song, then a short story which is accompanied by a prayer and bible verse.

When I first open the package with the book I was expecting to see a book of bible stories, but when I read through the entries I found myself really liking the layout. The book has the perfect length of reading that keeps a young child interested. When I listened to the CD my one-year-old daughter stopped playing and listened to the songs being played. I find that using children to sing the songs is an added touch that made the Book and CD combination complete. A great book to read to your children or to gift to parents for sharing with their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment