Friday, February 24, 2012

Max Lucado - No Wonder They Call Him The Saviour

Max Lucado’s book, No Wonder They Call Him the Saviour is the latest gift that I received as part of the Booksneeze Bloggers. Max takes the reader on a journey to better understanding the purpose of the cross and the reason for salvation. The book starts off with someone posing the question “What really matters?” and Max walks through all aspects of the crucifixion and the story of Salvation. Every chapter it seems is written in a different style to keep the reader engrossed in the story. Every viewpoint of every person that played a part and was present at the crucifixion is explored.
Nothing about this book is ordinary, except for the possibility of the language that is used. I enjoyed reading the story in a plain English sense, using plain words to tell an extraordinary story. I found myself imagining myself as one of the characters of the chapter. Even though I had heard the story of the journey to the cross, and the reason for the crucifixion this story made me think time and again of all the “ordinary” moments that occurred at the crucifixion that we often take for granted. Overall this book was a pleasure to read and I can see myself rereading it time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment